Monday, June 27, 2005

I got started working on part one of my project today, learning! It is becoming obvious that I will be thouroughly exercising my Perl, C, C++ and, of course, Java skills this summer. That's no worry though, I knew what I was in for when I started this and to me programming is not pain, it's life.

I spent most of the day today familiarizing myself with the tools I'll be working with and writing small sample programs. I've already run into a few things I know are going to give me some problems as I continue, so it was not a wasted day at all. I guess I'll continue this course tomorrow as well as start documenting things I will need to address in the future. I'm also going to drop the Inline::Java module maintainer a line with some questions; what those questions will be, I haven't the faintest so maybe I'll put it off a day or two so I don't end up sounding like an idiot in email to him.

Can't wait to hear from my mentor. In the mean time I'm just going to keep plugging away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home