Today I am ready to release some code, finally. I mean, what is the summer of code without, you guessed it, a little code... or a lot.
At this point I have a module that will allow you to import and call Java code, both natively and class compiled. Unfortunatly, the ability to pass arguments, recieve return values or catch exceptions, are all in inconsistent states of development and are currently not workable. So, for the meantime you will only be able to call empty Java constructors and methods without arguments. All these features are close behind, I just wanted to give a taste of what's to come.
There will be a subversion repository setup at http://www.robotninjas.org/repos/javainclude in the next couple of days so if you're interested, keep your eyes open. This repo will constantly be up and down do to the fact that I will be moving at least twice in the next month. I will also post a tarball development snapshot on my webpage at http://www.umich.edu/~rusekd/ which will be more readily accessible.
There will also be updated documenataion on my personal website; this can be found under the "Summer of Code" section at http://www.umich.edu/~rusekd/. Keep your eyes open for that as well.
A brief introduction of how to use this module:
The performance is less than stellar; a similar program written completely in Java and run by gij is 66% faster. However, the first goal here is to get it all working then I'll start hammering away on performance. I already have a few things in mind that I can do/change.
In the future, here's a small little list of things I'll be trying to accomplish.
Java::Import (Very Important):
At this point I have a module that will allow you to import and call Java code, both natively and class compiled. Unfortunatly, the ability to pass arguments, recieve return values or catch exceptions, are all in inconsistent states of development and are currently not workable. So, for the meantime you will only be able to call empty Java constructors and methods without arguments. All these features are close behind, I just wanted to give a taste of what's to come.
There will be a subversion repository setup at http://www.robotninjas.org/repos/javainclude in the next couple of days so if you're interested, keep your eyes open. This repo will constantly be up and down do to the fact that I will be moving at least twice in the next month. I will also post a tarball development snapshot on my webpage at http://www.umich.edu/~rusekd/ which will be more readily accessible.
There will also be updated documenataion on my personal website; this can be found under the "Summer of Code" section at http://www.umich.edu/~rusekd/. Keep your eyes open for that as well.
A brief introduction of how to use this module:
BEGIN {
$ENV{CLASSPATH}=. #set your classpath
};
use Java::Import qw(
somepackage.TestClass
);
my $test = new somepackage::TestClass();
$test->methodOne();
$test->methodTwo();
$test->methodThree();
The performance is less than stellar; a similar program written completely in Java and run by gij is 66% faster. However, the first goal here is to get it all working then I'll start hammering away on performance. I already have a few things in mind that I can do/change.
In the future, here's a small little list of things I'll be trying to accomplish.
Java::Import (Very Important):
- Allow user to pass arguments to Java
- Allow user to recieve return values from Java
- Allow user to catch Exceptions (in a Perl way) from Java
- Hammer out type conversions between Java primitives and Perl value
- Get Java::Inline working with GIJ
- Finish Documenataion on website
- Get Subversion Repo working
- Build Java::Inline::GCJ which works like Inline::CPP but with GCJ acting as the compiler instead. This is a large project in and of itself so it might not get completely done by the end of August, but like everything else in this project, I'm in it for the long haul so it'll get done one way or another.


1 Comments:
I have a membership at fresh proxy
I would like to share with you my lastest proxy list :
211.237.87.130:24764
210.221.85.151:15337
193.189.190.145:10389
213.17.91.170:15132
203.81.224.220:23251
203.223.132.227:10690
210.182.107.44:39348
204.116.233.98:29726
202.41.190.172:37663
195.24.35.156:42215
212.217.30.194:15293
210.182.107.20:31928
213.47.137.164:10222
216.133.219.135:31964
131.94.223.11:37703
202.83.174.107:13421
210.182.107.21:25702
210.182.107.15:36602
209.162.241.237:12923
210.182.107.43:19200
210.182.107.15:36242
210.182.107.32:28180
213.60.14.216:42417
218.111.100.145:9135
210.182.107.12:39294
217.218.200.131:26826
210.182.107.20:33574
201.35.156.74:13046
210.66.198.132:4390
217.218.250.51:23300
218.154.19.138:3262
218.188.239.134:33072
211.96.14.200:1805
202.110.54.146:19608
211.60.144.190:3497
218.255.140.15:15611
218.255.252.232:41365
218.19.250.50:39894
208.180.253.19:41104
210.101.102.250:22844
218.27.203.183:15282
208.180.249.98:17364
218.56.59.102:8666
218.255.78.239:17548
218.63.230.201:29223
211.161.102.142:14263
218.72.103.114:2326
218.7.89.208:31380
218.242.72.190:28165
218.146.206.215:27671
218.94.14.133:3099
213.254.69.63:23026
219.149.179.10:18262
218.89.21.69:2260
219.101.223.207:14640
219.108.176.221:18150
212.58.30.72:29909
218.38.15.6:40906
219.71.203.111:14152
218.55.104.61:12024
220.149.64.24:11170
Post a Comment
<< Home