It's been a little bit since my last post. Rest assured, I have ot stopped or slowed down on this project. In the time since my last post I did recieve a mentor, his name is Noman Nunley and he has been extremely helpful in every way.
Well, where did I leave off, oh yes, the subversion repo. I'm sorry to all that have been trying to download the code (don't know how many there are out there) but I guess I just failed to notice that my ISP blocks port 80, why, becuase they hate me. Anyway, you can find the code on a different port, namely 5050. So, the new repo (well it's the old repo just somewhere else) is now located at http://www.robotninjas.org:5050/repos/javainclude, enjoy.
As far as the code in concerned, I have ben making a big push to get it ready to put up on CPAN as a deliverable for the SOC. This means that there is better documentation, A standard package format (ala Module::Build), test cases and finally some examples. Some if not all of these things are in incomplete states, for insantance, the examples are still being worked on and some of the documenation is less than helpful. Hopfully this will be cleared up in the next few days.
There is still my lingering problem with the transferring of primitive types between Java and Perl, mainly from Java to Perl. I have picked up a book that hopefully will give me a few hints on how to "fix" this. For the most part you should be able to go ahead and call your Java from Perl, email me with any questions, suggestions, tips, jokes, anything.
Well, where did I leave off, oh yes, the subversion repo. I'm sorry to all that have been trying to download the code (don't know how many there are out there) but I guess I just failed to notice that my ISP blocks port 80, why, becuase they hate me. Anyway, you can find the code on a different port, namely 5050. So, the new repo (well it's the old repo just somewhere else) is now located at http://www.robotninjas.org:5050/repos/javainclude, enjoy.
As far as the code in concerned, I have ben making a big push to get it ready to put up on CPAN as a deliverable for the SOC. This means that there is better documentation, A standard package format (ala Module::Build), test cases and finally some examples. Some if not all of these things are in incomplete states, for insantance, the examples are still being worked on and some of the documenation is less than helpful. Hopfully this will be cleared up in the next few days.
There is still my lingering problem with the transferring of primitive types between Java and Perl, mainly from Java to Perl. I have picked up a book that hopefully will give me a few hints on how to "fix" this. For the most part you should be able to go ahead and call your Java from Perl, email me with any questions, suggestions, tips, jokes, anything.


2 Comments:
Hey, I have been out blog surfing and found this one... Yes, I found your blog while wondering aimlessly around the internet... Just thought I would let you know.
Great information...nicely done.
Thanks,
Jon
.com
Post a Comment
<< Home