Sunday, August 21, 2005

A few things, updates, etc...
  1. I pretty much have my work to a semi-stable state. I hope to release some alpha worthy code to CPAN this week. There will be two packages: Java-Import and GCJ-Cni. You will be able to find them under my home directory at http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd. There is already GCJ-Cni there at the moment but that was pretty much just me learning how to use CPAN so disregard it until you see Java-Import up there as well.
  2. The subversion repo has apparently been inaccessible most of the summer, my bad, didn't realize that my ISP was blocking port 80 and since all work I did was internal to my network I didn't notice (Stupid Cablevision... Actually, I like them). You can now find the repo at the the same location but port 5050.
  3. Speaking of repo. The repo will be down for quite awhile since I will be moving back to Michigan and be without Cable Internet at my new apartment for who knows how long (long story, but basically the person that lives there now is 6 months past due on their cable bills so I have to go to the Comcast office in Yipsilanti MI and prove to them that I now am the legal occupant of that apartment). Anyway, the code will be on CPAN and I will update using the wireless network on campus whenever necessary.
  4. I have been playing with getting Inline::Java to work with gcj. It will work with the java tools distributed with Fedora all you have to do is specify the J2SDK property as '/usr/'. I also am trying to get Inline::Java to use the libgcj version of JNI but this is not as easy since the Inline::Java distribution assumes alot about the standard SUN file structure. This is something that I'm still trying to get working.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news and thanks for updating the blog.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this reach gamma.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home